Advisers to the advertisers
On Tuesday morning the AA hosted NABS, employee support organisation for the advertising and media industry, to learn about the fantastic work that the charity does in offering advice and guidance to so many people within our sector.
So following this, we’d like to make sure you know about the different ways NABS could help you too:
NABS’ expert Advice Line has advisors available to offer support and guidance on a whole host of workplace or personal issues, including stress, mental health and wellbeing, contractual and performance issues, redundancy and parental rights. Call them on: 0800 707 6607.
Giving career coaching
NABS’ industry-experienced coaches are there to work with you on a personalised plan to help address challenges and aid career progression.
Helping to expand your network
NABS’ networking events offer amazing sporting and social opportunities to meet and mingle with people from across the industry. Check out their upcoming events here.
Letting you learn from the best
NABS’ talks and masterclasses are designed to offer insight and learning from some of the best minds within the industry, and outside it.
Improving your wellbeing
Through everything NABS does, personal wellbeing is always at the heart. They know how vitally important wellbeing is to ensure you don’t just cope, but succeed and thrive; at work and at home.
NABS is there to bring out the best in you, and because it’s a charity it doesn’t cost a thing. To find out more take a look at NABS’ website here, call them on 020 7290 7070 or email them here.
Back to school…
Now holiday season is sadly over, September has certainly started with a bang! Here are just a few things we’ve been up to this week:
• The Food Advertising Unit met Wednesday to discuss the latest on HFSS advertising and how the AA is planning to engage. We are working on a comprehensive report putting forward the industry perspective on advertising and obesity and planning a PA and comms campaign based on the messaging from that, with the aim of re-balancing the narrative in the lead up to the Government consultation, expected just before Christmas.
• On Brexit, The AA has set up a working group to look at ‘no-deal’ planning and it had its first meeting on 30 August with BEIS and DCMS officials to talk specifically about data. We will continue to engage with officials directly and through the Professional Business Services Council.
•We welcomed our newest member of the team, Suzanne Costello, as our Head of Events. Suzanne was the Head of Content & Production for Media360 for three years, and has joined our Comms function to look after our events programme, including LEAD 2019.
• We announced that Mark Evans will be speaking at LEAD 2019, which follows on from the confirmation of AA President, Keith Weed, as a speaker. This year’s theme is Trust, Trade & Transformation – to find out more about LEAD and how to book a ticket click here.
• Yesterday, the AA Public Affairs team welcomed a number of members to a breakfast meeting where they heard from Géraldine Proust, EU Affairs Manager at FEDMA, the European umbrella body for the direct marketing industry. Géraldine discussed the EU Commission’s proposals to update the consumer acquis, with a package known as the ‘New Deal for Consumers’. This would comprise two directives, including a right to general collective redress, and extending the scope of the Consumer Rights Directive. Contact Kate Foster for more information.
• Representatives from the DCMS Communications team, including Dan Palmer, Chief Communications Officer, visited our offices on Tuesday to meet the AA Communications team and discuss key projects such as our AAccelerate initiative, Promote UK and HFSS food and drink advertising, and how we can best work together for the benefit of industry.
• Our Comms Director, Matt Bourn, saw a sneak preview of the excellent timeTo ad campaign, which is to be released later this Autumn.
• The AA comms team attended a Contagious Live event at Framestore, which was the fourth instalment of a new London event series that celebrates brilliant ideas, campaigns and marketing strategies.