Our Promote UK initiative, a unique partnership between the UK advertising industry and the Department for International Trade, launched in March to champion UK advertising on the world stage. From events at the heart of Parliament to global trade missions and MoU signings, we’ve been working hard to present UK advertising as a shining light on the world stage.
This year alone we have…
- Developed an export strategy and targets for UK advertising to feed into the Creative Industries Trade Board three-year strategy, due in March 2019
- Completed a Creative Industries pro-forma for UK advertising around the targets and contribution for our industry to aid future funding from UK Government
- Signed an MOU with the organisers of Shanghai International Advertising Festival to significantly increase our presence at the 2019 Festival with a special UK Day
- Secured DIT budget commitment for support for UK advertising industry presence at SXSW 2019, as well as a mission for post-production companies to Tokyo to pitch the UK’s expertise in major sporting events
- Dedicated our Parliamentary Reception to showcasing the UK’s strength in exporting advertising services and featuring great work from six Promote UK agencies
- Set up a meeting between the AA and Conrad Bird, Director of GREAT, to further develop the partnership between industry and government
- Confirmed our role as the UK representative for Cannes Lions 2019
We believe every business in our industry that has an ambition to sell its services internationally will benefit from being a part of Promote UK and we welcome your participation. More information on how you can get involved can be found at promoteuk.adassoc.org.uk.